Saturday, January 9, 2010

How Do I Automatically Shut Down My Computer at a Certain Time? and more...

Sat Jan 09 2010
ask lifehacker
How Do I Automatically Shut Down My Computer at a Certain Time?

Dear Lifehacker,
I like to watch TV on my computer at night but sometimes I fall asleep before the program ends. How can I set my computer to shut down at a certain time or after it finishes specific events? MORE >>

POSTED: Fri Jan 08 2010 18:00



clever uses
Vacuum-Seal Your Electronics for Temporary Protection

Nobody wants to be without their gadgets, but who wants to risk losing them to water damage? You can follow the lead of one iPhone-loving-chef and vacuum seal your gear for temporary protection. MORE >>

POSTED: Fri Jan 08 2010 15:00



search techniques
Google's "Near Me Now" Knows Where You Are, Searches Without Typing

Say you're standing outside a restaurant and want to quickly look up information about it before committing to it. You could google it by name (and do all that tedious typing), or you could just hit the new "Near me now" link. MORE >>

POSTED: Fri Jan 08 2010 12:00



downloads
MailBrowser Keeps Gmail Contacts, Attachments Local and Handy

Windows/Mac: If Gmail or Google Apps mail is attached to your workday like your right arm, MailBrowser could be a handy pop-out sidebar tool for making sense of the people who mail you and the files they send. MORE >>

POSTED: Fri Jan 08 2010 07:00




Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Lifehacker: top" or change your subscription or subscribe

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CrunchyTech

Blog Archive